Sales Executive - Whitefield
When Lei Shing Hong commenced its first Mercedes-Benz dealership over 45 years ago, it started its journey to become the world’s largest Mercedes-Benz retailer. Our UK dealerships operate under the corporate business LSH Auto UK Limited, with 9 Dealerships in the Birmingham and Manchester regions.
We require a Sales Executive of the highest caliber to join our team at our Mercedes-Benz Dealership in Whitefield. This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful business and build your career with a company where strong principles of colleagues, customers, sustainability and community focus are built into our vision.
This is an exciting role working 40 hours in the week including weekends.
Key Purpose of Role:
- To provide face to face sales to LSH Auto UK Limited customers in order to maximize profitability by meeting customer needs for finance, insurance and ancillary products.
- Using, establishing and fostering contacts with departments/units which support Sales.
- Welcoming, advising, calling on and supporting customers.
- Holding sales discussions to provide customers with information and advice Mercedes-Benz vehicles and used vehicles, equipment and accessories.
- Concluding sales contracts and making any required amendments in line with LSH Auto UK Limited Sales Processes.
- Managing orders in progress and supervising order processing.
- Carrying out follow-up contacts to customer and prospects; processing and managing a customer file.
- Deliver an exceptional Mercedes-Benz sales experience for all customers using such LSH Auto UK Limited sales processes as are notified to you from time to time.
- Deliver exceptional levels of customer service which will promote loyalty/retention/satisfaction.
- Maintain Company standards and controls.
You are required to maintain ethical standards in accordance with LSH Auto UK Limited Policies and Procedures including Anti-Bribery and all relevant competition law.
- Calling on, welcoming and providing support personally, by telephone and in writing to interested parties and customers.
- Informing and advising visitors on Mercedes-Benz vehicles, equipment, prices, conditions, technical data and other issues.
- Explaining differences between Mercedes-Benz vehicles and competitors' vehicles; highlighting usefulness/advantages.
- Immediately passing on customers' wishes to sales management.
- Evaluating used cars and arranging for technical appraisals to be carried out.
- Introducing customers to other customer support units and continuously maintaining contact with these units.
- Preparing and carrying out follow-up contacts and compiling contact reports.
- Organising and carrying out test-drives and evaluate results.
- Compiling and sending out offers.
- Well-targeted and continuous planning of acquisition of new customers.
- Establishing contact personally, in writing and by telephone.
- Positioning information material (brochures, catalogues, etc.) and ensuring availability.
- Involvement in design of exhibition space and product placement.
- Involvement in sales events.
- Guaranteeing professional level of product presentation (price marking, accessibility, cleanliness, etc.)
- Carrying out market and target group analyses and compiling statistics.
- Carrying out customer and demand/need-oriented sales discussions.
- Offering and selling accessories.
- Explaining financing and leasing opportunities and insurances and concluding/arranging relevant contracts.
- Concluding sales, negotiating terms (trade-ins, type and method of payment, method of vehicle transfer, etc.), if necessary obtaining agreements and drawing up the sales contract.
- Offering and selling service packages.
- Prepare offers and follow-up with customers and prospects.
- Recording the customer's order, preparing cost calculation and passing them on to the respective department.
- Checking confirmation of order and, if necessary, passing it on to the customer
- Recording, dealing with and passing on customer's desired amendments
(changes to vehicle type and fittings)
Skills and Experience:
- Has completed sales training, ideally in the automobile industry, or within a high value retail sales environment.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Has the ability to follow a structured Sales Process.
- Has a genuine passion for the delivery of first class customer service.
- Pass relevant CBT modules in respect of insurance, product knowledge and TCF.
Competencies for Role:
Communication & Contact Behavior
- Appearance / general manner / charisma.
- Sociability and ability to establish relationships.
- Eloquence / gestures, facial expressions, body language.
- Structuring and leading discussions/talks.
- Acceptance/active listening.
- Ability to argue effectively / enthuse others.
Job Motivation, Willingness to Learn & Get Involved
- Importance of job.
- Concrete career goals.
- Attitude to service industry.
- Attitude to company.
- Willingness to pass on information / to learn.
- Commitment / willingness to work / initiative.
Mental Agility (flexibility)
- Creativity (inventiveness)
- Problem-solving ability (adapting to new situations)
- Intellectual capacity.
- Learning ability.
Independent & Systematic Action
- Target orientation / pursuing own goals / determination.
- Organisational ability / ability to organise own work / working systematically.
- Independence / self-responsibility.
Co-operation and Ability to Work in a Team
- Efforts to find common ground / to involve others.
- Ability to handle conflict / to accept criticism.
- Actively seeking to reconcile interests / seeking a consensus.
- Tolerance and acceptance (attitude)
- Attitude to teamwork.
- Authentic behaviour.
- Convincing personality.
- Ability to handle pressure (physical and mental)
- Personal integrity.
- Ability to carry out analysis of needs and requirements.
- Ability to advise others.
- Ability to conclude a contract / negotiate.
- Preparing and following up customer contacts.
- Knowledge of / accessibility to /applying sales tool(s)
- Efficient procedures, knowledge of processes, systemic skills.
- 23 days Annual Leave, plus Bank Holidays, rising to 25 days after 2 years.
- Extra annual leave purchase scheme
- Generous company matched pension contribution
- Life assurance
- Mercedes Benz Retailer Staff Car Scheme for self, friends & family
- Perkbox discounts on shopping, eating out, holidays and loads of ways of saving money
- Mobile phone insurance
- Subsidised Gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Long service awards
- Colleague Reward and Recognition Incentive Programme
Are you interested in joining a fun loving, passionate and spirited team and you feel up to the challenge, and have the relevant experience we are looking for APPLY TODAY!