View our Approved Used Car Stock
View our Approved Used Car Stock Available for immediate delivery, fully prepared and ready to go

The Motability Scheme helps people with disabilities stay mobile while minimising the financial strain of car ownership. There are many benefits from breakdown assistance to Motability insurance, so find out more today and fully enjoy LSH Auto Motability.

Breakdown assistance and cover

When you apply for the Motability Scheme and your application is approved, you’ll benefit from full breakdown cover for the full lease period. This is provided by RAC Motability Assist and is designed to give you peace of mind while out and about.

Breakdown cover includes:


Whether you breakdown at work, home or on-the-go, RAC Motability Assist will try to get your car up and running as quickly as possible. Or, take it to the nearest repairer.

Onward travel

Replacement transport will be arranged when needed. Motability Assist will also help organise overnight accommodation or onward travel costs of up to £99 per person or £300 per party – whichever is the lesser amount. They can also take up to eight people to a single location.

Replacement cars

If your vehicle isn’t roadworthy and requires some level of repair, you’ll be provided with a replacement vehicle for up to 48 hours. Terms and conditions apply.

Breakdown Cover

Is there anything RAC Motability Assist doesn’t include?

  • European travel
  • Caravans and trailers

RAC Motability doesn’t cover road travel outside of Europe. When travelling around Europe, RAC European breakdown cover is available.

If your Motability vehicle breaks down while towing a caravan or trailer, RAC Motability Assist will attend to your vehicle. The cost of caravan or trailer repairs will not be covered.

If the breakdown is due to a Motability vehicle fault, RAC Motability will tow your vehicle plus caravan/trailer to a destination of your choice. If the caravan/trailer caused the issue, they’ll tow you to safety, up to a distance of 10 miles.

What should I do if I break down?

Call RAC Motability Assist on 0800 73 111 73 and someone should be there to help within 45 minutes. Once that essential call has been made, you must:

  • Stay safe by staying close to the kerbside or hard shoulder
  • Switch off the engine and turn on your hazard lights
  • Get everyone out of the vehicle but leave pets inside
  • Make use of emergency motorway telephones if needed (UK 0800 73 111 73, Republic of Ireland – 1800 535 005). Provide all essential information such as your name, registration number, location and what you think might have caused the vehicle to have broken down. Let RAC know if any of your passengers use a wheelchair.

Driving abroad

With Motability insurance, you can take your vehicle abroad within the European Union and to Iceland, Norway, Switzerland and Liechtenstein free of charge for up to 90 days in any 12-month period.

What’s not covered in the insurance policy?

Your excess – this will vary depending on the age and experience of the driver

  • Loss of keys
  • Personal belongings
  • Non-standard equipment or modifications
  • Interior damage
  • Driving other cars
  • Unauthorised and uninsured drivers
  • Business use cover

Other benefits

  • Loss of use benefit
  • Uninsured loss recovery
  • Stay calm, prioritise safety and don’t admit fault
  • Dial 999 if needed
  • Collect the other driver’s details and witness information
  • Call the RAC for roadside support
  • If the police are called, you must show your Certificate of Motor Insurance
  • Call RSA Motability (RSAM) to report the incident and register a claim
  • Call RAC Motability Assist for roadside assistance on 0800 83 111 73 or 0333 202 1878 for roadside support and assistance

If you can’t use your vehicle due to loss or damage, a temporary replacement vehicle will be provided. If a suitable vehicle isn’t available, you may be able to claim for ‘loss of use’ benefits.

If an accident is caused by an identified third party, RSAM will try to recover the cost of items not covered by your insurance.

Motability Scheme Insurance Cover

All Motability vehicles come with RSA Motability (RSAM) insurance, which covers:

  • Loss of, or damage to, your vehicle
  • Accidental damage
  • Fire or theft damage
  • Repair or replacement glass
  • In-car equipment permanently fitted or supplied with the car as standard
  • Adaptations and modifications which RSAM has been informed about
  • Accessories or tools supplied with the Motability vehicle
  • Replacement locks where keys have been stolen and the theft has been reported to the police
  • Driving your vehicle for voluntary or charitable work, provided you don’t receive a fixed regular payment
  • Travel to and from your normal place of work

Personal accident cover

Should an accident occur which leads to death, limb loss or permanent loss of sight in one or both eyes, cover is provided up to a limit of £500 per person for the driver and any passengers.

Motability and Accidents

Accidents happen. So, if you find yourself in an unfortunate situation, try to remember the following advice.

If you’ve any further questions about the Motability Scheme in general or regarding breakdown assist, accident assist or insurance, contact us today.


Woman in a wheelchair
Next Steps One of our friendly members of staff would love to help.