Available for order now: New S-Class goes on sale.
September 15 2020.
The new Mercedes-Benz S-Class is now available for order with deliveries in Europe starting in December. The S-Class can be experienced with almost all senses — vision, touch, hearing, and smell — and also offers numerous innovations that provide driver support, protection and interaction. The large central display in portrait orientation is a visual highlight for the interior, as shown in the video to the right. Here are the most important options that can be added to the new S-Class:
- At the touch of a button, the new 3D driver display provides real depth perception of the surroundings for the first time, thanks to eye-tracking.
- The very large head-up display with augmented reality content is equally impressive.
- The MBUX Interior Assist recognises numerous desired control inputs by means of cameras in the overhead control panel and learning algorithms.
- Active ambient lighting with around 250 LEDs is integrated into the driver assistance systems and can visually reinforce their warnings. Furthermore, the lighting can provide feedback acknowledging control inputs or "Hey Mercedes" commands.
- In the event of a severe frontal collision, the rear airbag can considerably reduce the loads acting on the heads and shoulders of the belted outer rear seat occupants.
- Thanks to rear-axle steering the S-Class feels as manoeuvrable as a compact car around town.
- The revolutionary headlamp technology DIGITAL LIGHT enables completely new functions, e.g. the projection of guidelines or warning symbols onto the road surface.