LSH Auto is proud to be part of a respected and world-renowned premium car dealership that dates back over 45 years. LSH International operates over 143 Mercedes-Benz dealerships in markets across the globe in diverse countries such as China, Australia, South Korea, Taiwan, Vietnam, Cambodia and most recently in Germany and the United Kingdom.
Our UK dealerships of high-end automobiles operates under our corporate business LSH Auto Limited and is made up of immaculate dealerships located across Birmingham and Manchester. Dealership sites include Birmingham Central, Erdington, Macclesfield, Solihull, Stockport, Manchester Central, Tamworth and Whitefield.
Based in two of the largest cities in the UK, LSH Auto is easily commutable offering a great line-up of new and approved used Mercedes-Benz and smart car models.
Our state-of-the-art Stockport site, purpose built, three storey facility launched in August 2019 and has become LSH Autos Mercedes-Benz hub for the North West, attracting an unprecedented number of new customers and sales leads in its first year.
Mercedes-Benz of Stockport has two buildings at the flagship site. From its 13,492sqm showroom - the Autohaus; a retail space for new and used cars. The site is also home to an aftersales facility and a 17,166sqm purpose-built high-tech Body, Paint and Repair Centre, which operates as LSH Auto regional Used Car Preparation Facility and Parts Distribution Centre.
Mercedes Benz LSH is currently seeking a Service Operations Manager. The Service Operations Manager is a pivotal member of the team with the ability to take control and create a customer excellence ethos every single time. Leading the service operation by way of providing a professional service reception and facilitating an efficient back of house operation supporting the workshop to maximise customer excellence and profitability through all transactions.
Roles and Responsibility
- Provide front-line leadership showcasing best practice, coaching and mentoring to get the best out of the workforce whilst displaying customer excellence always.
- Continuously seek to improve customer service feedback by identifying improvement opportunities within the aftersales department and sharing any customer feedback with the management team
- To ensure that all company policies and procedures applicable to your area of responsibility are always adhered to.
- Working closely with the Workshop Controller to ensure vehicle throughput budgeted daily hours have been achieved.
- Monitoring work in progress, Vehicles off road.
- Dealing with any queries and swiftly resolving complaints/operative issues
- Meeting with the Workshop Controller and Aftersales Manager over all aspects of the department’s operation
- Supervising, monitoring and motivating the activities of the team
- Assist in the development of a detailed budget and business plan for the department in line with the company's strategy and objectives for consolidation into the company's overall plan.
- Continually review and monitor the department's progress through the use of daily operating controls, monthly management accounts, ensuring that corrective action is taken where shortfalls against budget are evident or predicted.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly accounts and management commentaries
- for inclusion in company reports.
- Present, as required, progress against budget and overall departmental strategy at management meetings.
- Maintain workshop productivity records and continually monitor workshop efficiency and sold hours against budget.
- Ensure that all warranty claims and credits are administered in line with company policies and that all jobs are costed and invoiced correctly and that effective control procedures are in place to ensure their accuracy.
- To ensure that all customer complaints are dealt with both speedily and effectively, referring any unresolved problems to senior management.
- To assist in the recruitment, training and development of all departmental staff in line with company policy.
- To ensure that within your area of operation all Company and Trade Associations policies, procedures and minimum standards are met and that all statutory requirements including trading standards, fire, health and safety are adhered to.
- To effectively manage and supervise subordinate staff ensuring that their designated duties are performed correctly, highlighting any problem or shortfall areas to senior management.
- Handle all internal and external customers and suppliers with courtesy and ensure the LSH Auto/Mercedes-Benz experience is delivered to contacts at all times.
Our Ideal candidate
- Previous industry experience at a managerial level within a service operation.
- An up to date knowledge of vehicle and consumer legislation.
- A technical or engineering background.
- Strong commercial and financial appreciation.
- IT literate.
- Effective relationship and communication skills
- Ability to cope under pressure.
- Customer service orientation.
- Team focused to ensure a high standard performance of the centre and an extremely high level of customer satisfaction.
Do you think you have what it takes to continuously provide frontline leadership whilst delivering customer excellence? If so, please apply for the role TODAY